Friday, 14 September 2012

Home Sweet Home...?

...I cried for most of the train ride to the airport, but I was so happy to be going back to Melbourne.   My experience of Sydney had not been a good one.  If nothing else this experience had made me realise how much I liked Melbourne, and hoe in the space of a few days I had grown to think of it has home.  It almost felt like that was my home totally now and not England any more.  I had to be grateful to TPG for at least giving me the courage to come out here and do this.  I didn't come for him, but if he hadn't have been doing it, it proably would have never crossed my mind that this was even an option for me.

I am sitting and waiting for my flight, desperate just to get into the air and as far away as possible.  My phone has almost no battery and I get a call from Tanisha.  I was happy at the beginning of the call just to hear her voice.  But by the end of it I was rendered in tears yet again.  When did I become a crier?  She said that the boiler was broken and that their landlord was coming to look at it and that we needed to be out by the end of the day.  It was 10am at this point, I was in Sydney upset about a man and I was panicking about having a roof over my head.  This was going to be a long day.  I cried most of the flight (in the comfort of three emergency seats with extra leg-room again) and my head was in a daze.  By the time I got out of the airport and back to South Yarra most of the day would be gone and I would have nowhere to sit and reflect about how crap I felt.  Me and Keiron would be sleeping on a bench.

We land in Melbourne and joy of joys it is raining cats and dogs.  I get to the bus that takes me back to South Yarra and I tell the driver where I need to get to.  He says that this is no worries.  Awesome.  One thing going right at least, it was cheaper than a cab and I was going to get to where I needed to be.  Wrong.  He dropped me at the other end of Chapel Street which was a good couple/few miles and I have to walk the length of it, in heels, in the pouring rain with my case and crazy heavy handbag and no coat. FFS.  This was not going to be fun.  And my battery on my phone had died.  Luckily before this happened I had got hold of Colin to arrange to get a key to their place so i could get my stuff and start making plans.  The epic fail of this story is that there he wasn't in and couldn't get back for a couple of hours.  Great, what was I meant to do, in the pouring rain, with a load of stuff I was lugging and nowhere to go.  I went and got a milkshake and dragged it out for as long as I could...

Until Next Time... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback below or you can email me at