Thursday 20 October 2011

New Friends and Unwanted Head Tilts...

So I didn't mention in earlier posts that what I am writing is actually my life over the past 10 months... That whilst as I write more entries it seems to get very fictional but this really has all happened... So for this purpose I have changed all of the names of the people who I write about, a little mystery is intriguing right?!

So back to being chronological... I realise that tea and hibernation do not solve mine or the worlds problems and despite the humiliation I am still feeling I need to sort it out and get on.  A real life sink or swim situation.  At this point it could have gone either way, but I am not the sort of person to go down without a fight!

Miss Cupcake decides that yes I do need to get out and she will offer me anything she has got going.  She calls me up, tells me she is going out Saturday night and would I like to join?  Honestly, NO!  No, I would like to sit home drinking tea and feeling crap about the mess I call life.  She says she is going out with a couple of girls from mother and baby group.  I won't lie, I am not thrilled about people who know me giving me the I feel so sorry for you Richard Burke head tilt, never mind people I don't know.  That head tilt still occurs regularly.  Anyway, I decide that what harm can meeting new people do?...

Enter Emma and Jackie...

So a night I wasn't thrilled about attending became the first in a line of good decisions.  It turns out that the parents of babies don't get out that often and they let loose!! Big style!  And there was me being judgemental and stereotyping them before I had met them.  On this occasion I'll admit I was wrong!  I must say I was really impressed with Emma and Jackie and from a random night out I gained two friends who feature heavily in the next months of my life.  And I went home drunk.

So I can make friends... this is positive news to someone who is usually a bit of a social reject when I first meet people.. I have a tendancy to over-think everything and then panic about things before they have happened and in turn screw everything up.  Anyway, if I can make friends how hard is it to date?!

So what is it about friends that find out you are single and then think you need setting up on a date...?