Friday 21 October 2011

The Jail Bird With a Hole...

So everyone decides that they know the perfect guy for me... really?  Surely I am not sad enough to need friends to set up dates?

First goes Miss Cupcake... I think this is an entirely desperate look for me, but what have I got to lose?  And maybe it will be a test run for when the real think comes along.  And she is my BFF so she must be right... It's a bit like when you get to that age and realise that your mum knows best and that she actually is always right... Miss Cupcake is my best friend so she knows me pretty well and wants good for me.  I agree.

So Mr S texts me straight away on recieving my number (I may think that being set up on a date is pretty desperate as it is, so I kept my dignity by letting him do the chasing and not texting first.  A girl is allowed to be traditional!)  I was impressed.. we were texting for a while, and we seemed to get on really well via text and I had seen a photograph and thank god he was tall (Just not into short men)... Excellent, this wasn't going to be so bad...

We arranged to meet and (just in case I felt I needed to get away) I decided that I would drive rather than have him pick me up.  The offer was there though so he was a gentleman.  He gets another tick.  I pull up and he doesn't look how I imagined.  And he doesn't speak the way I had been reading his texts.  And he had a hole in his jumper.  A HOLE!  Ok, so maybe it wasn't what I was expecting but that is no reason to write him off straight away.  We went to a really nice place for some dinner and I won't lie the surroundings were better than the conversation.  And the hole.  I couldn't stop staring!  The food comes out and all looks good.. Just as the food enters my mouth (there is no point of return) and he says "Oh, I've been inside."  so casual.... Well if ever there was a Kodak moment, that was it!  Is this what dating is like... A let down?  I wasn't impressed and I don't think it was Mr S that I wasn't impressed with, I think I have read to many books where everything is ok in the end, and I was expecting my everything to be ok to happen a lot sooner.

I call Miss Cupcake on my way home (Handsfree of course - I kitted the Mini out with some fancy equipment when I bought her because why not?! I owned a Mini Cooper, I wanted her to be the best!)... She picks up the phone and her response to my shock of the prison confession "oh, I forgot"... This did make me laugh and I had to give it to the guy, he was honest... But I was definitely looking for a spark with someone and me and Mr S just didn't have that spark...  I have my manners though and believe that politeness is a life skill that so many people just don't have... So I text Mr S when I got in to say thank you.  That was the end of Mr S and the hole.  For a few months...  Back to the drawing board....