Thursday 7 March 2013

I'm Back... For Now...

Apologies once again for taking so long to post.  You see I have been having adventures to write about!  No excuse I know, but instead of being diary entries this blog has become more of a short book version of my life.  I shall continue the story (don't worry, I make notes and keep a bullet point list of everything I do so I can be accurate!)...

So there was a defining friendship night...

Moving into a big house, with new people that I dodn't know I knew I would have to really up the ante to make friends!  Coming home from work one night I decided that I really needed a bottle of wine as this would be the opener for me having conversations with my new housemates.  When I got in, it turned out that they all had the same idea as me, and conincidently we all had the same bottle of merlot.  Possibly as result of it being on special offer in the local shop!

We proceeded to all sit around the dining room table and have general chit-chat.  I felt kind of like the attention was all on me, given that I was new and other than Ruby the only female, it was about me.  It wasn't long before all of the bottles of wine were verging on empty and we were starting to giggle and laugh.  I had found people with the same sense of ,humour as me!

Ruby had returned from her dinner with her work friend Margot and joined us.  I had hit it off mostly with Jim in terms of conversation, he seemed to be the Papa Smurf of the group so I knew I needed to be his friend.  It wasn't long before he asked for my phone number and a friendship was born.  Ruby then called me a C*** and I have never laughed so much in my life! 

We also decided in an extremely drunken haze to throw an "inappropriate party" which we were planning as soon as the idea came up!  The suggestions for said party were sick to say the least and I do not even want to repeat them here and have them posted, because it means they really happened...

Until Next Time... xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback below or you can email me at theadventuresofmeandmymini@gmail.com